It’s all in the eye of the beholder, isn’t it? What is wonderful to one person may be perceived as a disaster to another. One person may see Christmas as something dreadful to endure and the person next to them may experience it as a season of love, peace and magic.
The beauty of it – We each create the holiday we experience by what we choose to focus upon! Yup – when you live a “Come to the Edge Today” life, that’s all there is for determining how this holiday will turn out. Circumstances that surround us are just circumstances. There may be sadness, heartbreak and disappointment while in the same moment, there is also love, peace, joy and a million other gifts. All are present and it is our free choice to decide where to focus. (Such a gift we have been given – the gift to choose!)
Today’s “leaping” exercise:
Here is the recipe for creating “Your Most Wonderful Time of the Year”:
1. Decide which aspects of the holiday you want and intend to experience (Examples: I intend to see and experience joy, or I want to experience gratitude, or I intend to see and experience kindness, or participate in bringing Christmas cheer to others, etc.)
2. Believe that opportunities to experience these aspects will frequently present themselves
3. Intend to recognize and act upon the opportunities when they present themselves: “Today, no matter where I am going or what I am doing, it is my intention to see and experience these aspects
4. Expect to see evidence of these aspects. Anticipate opportunities to experience them
5. Be open to the unexpected
6. Commit to creating your most wonderful holiday no matter the circumstances
7. Relax! Allow yourself to enjoy the creation of your Christmas and New Year!
8. Live knowing that your life is lived moment by moment! As you purposely live these moments based upon the aspects you have chosen to experience, they will build and grow and blossom – not just at Christmas or New Years, but every moment of every day.
Enjoying my most wonderful time of the year – Joan Kappes
YouTube: Christmas: The Most Wonderful Time of the Year (used for educational purposes only)
Subscribe to “Come to the Edge Today” to receive (via email) life-changing ‘how-to’s, inspiration, insights and as always, the invitation from Life to ‘Come to the Edge Today!’ so you can finally live your life in joy! See column at the right of this page where it says “Subscribe to Come to the Edge Today!”. Enter your first name and email address, then hit submit”. Your privacy is protected and respected. Connect on Facebook / Twitter / Linked-In / Come to the Edge Today! Radio Show / Life CoachingTweet