How is this even possible? Increase my ‘to do’ list? Add more ‘shoulds’ to my day? Let go of everything and simply do nothing?
Hmm…Is there a way-of-being that is less dramatic, more meaningful and fun? YES! Below are 10 ways to ‘Make Every Moment Count’ or better yet, 10 ways for ‘How to really live your life, Moment by Moment’. Each item below also contains a daily intention for you to memorize, journal, or post around the house.
10 Ways to Make Every Moment Count (or ‘How to Really Live Your Life, Moment by Moment’)
- Set the intention to value your moments. Be conscious and value how you are spending your moments. Are they spent in fear, anger, frustration, ‘shoulding’, or in gratitude, love, appreciation and an openness to the gift each moment brings. Daily intention: “I am awake to my good, and gather in the harvest of endless opportunities.” – Florence Scovel Shinn
- Focus on what you want to see and experience. Daily intention: “It is my dominant intent to look for things that feel good today. No matter where I’m going, no matter what I’m doing, no matter who I’m doing it with, it is my dominant intent to look for what I’m wanting to see, to look for things that feel good.” – Abraham
- Appreciate. Appreciate. Appreciate. “If all you did was just look or things to appreciate you would live a joyous, spectacular life. If there was nothing else that you ever came to understand other than just look for things to appreciate, it’s the only tool you would ever need to predominantly hook you up with who you really are.” – Abraham
- Notice your negative emotions, then pivot. “Anytime you feel negative emotion, stop and say: Something is important here; otherwise I would not be feeling this negative emotion. What is it that I want? And then simply turn your attention to what you do want…In the moment you turn your attention to what you want, the negative attraction will stop; and in the moment the negative attraction stops, the positive attraction will begin. And in that moment your feeling will change from not feeling good to feeling good.” – Abraham Daily intention: “What is it that I want in this moment”?
- Make peace with where you are. If you find yourself in a situation that is not to your liking, do not resist or perpetuate it with justifiable reasons. Acknowledge where you are and how you feel. Send as much love and compassion to yourself as you can (just as you would offer comfort to a child in need of assurance). Make a list of positive aspects that are the most positive you can find about your current situation. This will release resistance allowing for improvement in your feelings and your physical situation. Daily intention: “I am where I am and it’s ok. I can find a few positive aspects about this current situation and they are __________”
- Milk it! If you find yourself in a situation that is to your liking, milk it! Revel in what you are feeling. Soak in the moment! Find more thoughts and positive aspects that add to this feeling and to this situation. Use the Law of Attraction (the essence of that which is like unto itself is drawn) to create even better feeling next-moments! Daily intention: “I am reveling in this moment and am eager for more!”
- Raise the happiness bar. Ask yourself: How Good Can I Stand It? How much joy, abundance, fun, health and healing and…..and….and….will I allow to pour into my life today? This moment? The more you focus on the joy, goodness and well-being already in your life, the more you allow God/Source to bring you more! Daily intention: How good can I stand it? Today I am allowing even more joy, abundance, fun, health and healing into my life!
- Trust your path. Yes, you are walking on your very own Joy path! You may not recognize it due to years of gathering soot from negative thoughts and beliefs, but it is there! Trust the moments of your day when you feel happiness and joy, as they are the compass that leads you to ‘living’ and ‘making every minute count’. Daily intention: “Today, I let myself experience my joy-full path. I know that my happiness and joy is my trustworthy compass leading me to the ‘real’ me and the life of my dreams.”
- Love. Love is the most powerful energy there is. It is everywhere……always. Live your moments by increasing your awareness of the Universal Love that surrounds you. Allow it in. Absorb it. Practice and playfully give Love to yourself and others throughout the day. Daily intention: “I intentionally and joyfully receive the Love that surrounds me. I send love to you/me knowing that you/I will use it for your/my highest good.”
- Focus on Now. There is no better way (or habit) for really ‘living’ than being present in the moment. Observe and experience what you are feeling, sensing and thinking, then choose what you prefer to focus upon. Living intentionally in ‘the Now’ is where all the expansion, joy, fun, growth and happiness of life dwells! Daily intention: “Realize deeply that the present moment is all I have. I am making the NOW the primary focus of my life.” – Eckhart Tolle (edited)
Today’s ‘leaping’ exercise: Play with each the above – focus on one each day, week or even month. These are habits and all habits take practice and focus. But mostly, have fun……….
Here is to experiencing your life… moment by moment by moment –Joan Kappes
Subscribe to “Come to the Edge Today” to receive (via email) life-changing ‘how-to’s, inspiration, insights and as always, the invitation from Life to ‘Come to the Edge Today!’ so you can finally live your life in joy! See column at the right of this page where it says “Subscribe to Come to the Edge Today!”. Enter your first name and email address, then hit submit”. Your privacy is protected and respected.Connect on Facebook / Twitter / Linked-In / Come to the Edge Today! Radio Show / Life Coaching
Photos courtesy of FreeDigitalPhotos / Artur84, Dan, Suphakit73, Exsodus, Rob Wiltshire, James Barker. The electric Smart Car joyously provided by The Universe via my husband Paul and a dream come true!Tweet