It’s all in the eye of the beholder, isn’t it? What is wonderful to one person may be perceived as a disaster to another. One person may see Christmas as something dreadful to endure and the person next to them may experience it as a season of love, peace and magic.
The gift offered to each of us: We create the holiday we experience by what we choose to focus upon! That’s really all there is for determining how this holiday will turn out. Circumstances that surround us are just circumstances. There may be sadness, heartbreak and disappointment while in the same moment, there is also love, peace, joy and so much more. All are present and it is our free choice to decide where to focus.
Today’s “leaping” exercise:
Here is the recipe for creating “Your Most Wonderful Time of the Year”:
1. Decide which aspects of the holiday you want and intend to experience (Examples: I intend to see and experience joy, or I want to experience gratitude, or I intend to see and experience kindness, or participate in bringing Christmas cheer to others, etc.). Let your desires be known to the Giver of All!
2. Believe that opportunities to experience these desires will frequently present themselves
3. Choose to recognize and act upon the opportunities as they present themselves
4. Expect to see evidence! Anticipate!
5. Be open to the unexpected
6. Commit to allowing your most wonderful holiday to unfold, no matter the circumstances
7. Relax and have fun! Allow yourself to receive and enjoy the surprise and delight that God, the most Loving Giver of all, desires to give you
8. Live knowing that your life is lived moment by moment! As you purposely live these moments based upon the desires you have chosen to experience, they will build and grow and blossom – not just at Christmas or New Years, but every moment of every day.
Enjoying my most wonderful time of the year – Joan Kappes
Subscribe to “Come to the Edge Today” to receive (via email) life-changing ‘how-to’s, inspiration, insights and as always, the invitation from Life to ‘Come to the Edge Today!’ so you can finally live your life in joy! See column at the right of this page where it says “Subscribe to Come to the Edge Today!”. Enter your first name and email address, then hit submit”. Your privacy is protected and respected. Connect on Facebook / Twitter / Linked-In / Come to the Edge Today! Radio Show / Life CoachingTweet